Sunday, February 19, 2012

Drawing Today

I want to do a black bear cub, and was asked to do a Havanese (a small dog). So it is new pattersn for me.  I am planning to use real fur for both. Should be something if I can finish and do a good job.

I'd like to try a real open mouth on a bear, but woud need teeth or a small mouth --- maybe a raccone or squirll. I have one way to make an open mouth and that is with fabric and I'll call it an extra chin. I'd really like to try a real mouth. Does anyone have suggestinos of how to, or where to get?

1 comment:

  1. I do not have pictures to show you I am sorry. But to make an open mouth the other way you need to add a little extra to the muzzle part of the side head pieces of the pattern, (it will be needed for a seam allowance) You need to cut a slice right where the mouth will go and insert an oblong into that slice. That is the inside of the mouth. you then stuff and needle sculpt around the mouth opening to shape the inside of the mouth.
    If you go to the website Teddy Talk there is some threads in the library on open mouths. Here is one. http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=5392

    ReplyDelete